Diploma in Culinary Arts
This program equips students with a blend of practical and theoretical skills which allows students to polish their culinary capabilities while at the same time develop core industry management knowledge. Students is obtained with experience, proﬁciency and balanced of the gastro-culinary skills as acquired by the industry. Paid internship placements, which can be undertaken all around Malaysia, oﬀer the possibilities for students to be employed by the hospitality industry upon completion.
This programme prepare students to be a professional food handler with capability and acquaintance in basic culinary operations. Upon completion, graduates able to become a food professional who are competent and able to manage Food and Beverage and Kitchen Operation. On the other hand, students will develop management capabilities for every entry level positions in Hospitality Industry and career in Supervision and Management.
- A pass in SPM with a minimum of three (3) credits in any subject, or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in any subject, or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul in any subject, or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in SKM level 3 in a related field; OR
- A Certificate (Level 3, MQF) in a related field or its equivalent.
International students are required to achieve a minimum score of 4.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) / Malaysian University English Test (MUET) with Band 2 OR its equivalent.
- Restaurant Owners
- Food and Beverage Consultant
- Food and Beverage Managers
- Restaurant Managers
- Purchasing Executive
- Any challenging position in Food Service Industry