DIPLOMA IN HAJJ AND UMRAH MANAGEMENT
The DPHU programme offers students to acquire knowledge and skills in management, fiqh and tourism and hospitality of Hajj and Umrah. It is designed to meet the aspiration of Vision 2030 Saudi Arabia and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation, and jobs landscape in digital age. Students will be trained with the management and hospitality skills required to manage Hajj and Umrah services efficiently. The programme also provides students with a comprehensive understanding of Fiqh Hajj and Umrah, allowing them to guide pilgrims performing their acts of worship correctly. The integration of management, fiqh and tourism and hospitality of Hajj and Umrah enhance students’ ability to handle and solve issues related to the Hajj and Umrah operations and services creatively, ethically and professionally.
The aims of the DPHU program are to produce Assistant Hajj and Umrah Operators/Operating officers/Assistant Managers, Administrative Assistant, and Mutawwif/Mutawwifah who are:
- Competent in the management, fiqh, tourism and hospitality of Hajj and Umrah in line with digital technology development.
- Capable in solving the issues of management, fiqh, and tourism and hospitality of Hajj and Umrah creatively, ethically and professionally.
- Effective in communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in handling of Hajj and Umrah operations and services.
- Able to demonstrate managerial and entrepreneurship skills and to engage in lifelong learning for successful career development and the betterment of the society.
- A Pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least credit in three subjects; or
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with minimum Grade C (GP of 2.0) in any subject; or
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with minimum Grade of Maqbul; or
- A Pass in Sijil Kolej Komuniti (Level 3, MQF) in related field including;
- A pass in SPM with at least one credit; and
- Admitted to a rigorous internal assessment process (if necessary); or
- Other qualifications equivalent to Certificate (Level 3 MQF); or
- Any other equivalent quali?cations recognized by the Malaysian Government
For international students, it is compulsory to obtain a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
Mutawwif or Mutawwifah, Entrepreneurs in Hajj and Umrah industries, Hajj & Umrah consultants, Assistant Hajj and Umrah Operators, Assistant marketing, Assistant managers, Assistant administrative officers, etc.
Expected areas of graduate employment include:
- The private sector, particularly in Hajj and Umrah related businesses, travel agencies and tours, GLCs and GLiCs, service firms, and management services and administration department in all types of organizations.
- The Public sector: Government, statutory bodies, and local authorities
- Small and medium sized businesses and retails
- Hospitality and tourism sector
- Self-Employment and Entrepreneurs