At the Centre’s Department of Education, the programmes are structured to provide students with a holistic experience by emphasizing on comprehensive academic structure and hands-on experience through practical attachments. The programmes are taught by experienced academicians and practitioners. Specifically, the programmes focus on the teaching of English as a second language and early childhood education to meet the ever-changing needs of the education industry.
The Foundation programmes are structured to prepare students for the highly challenging environment of undergraduate studies. The programmes provide a curriculum that focuses on critical thinking, independent learning skills, team work and organisation skills in most tasks. Simultaneously, the programmes also provide the opportunity for extracurricular activities which help to shape students’ self-discipline. The Centre strongly believes that a balanced studying experience is vital in paving the road for excellence for students to pursue their undergraduate studies at KLMUC.
The Language Department provides the University Core English Language subjects which are offered for all students. The subjects serve as a platform for students to acquire and improve their English Language skills and proficiency in order for them to be able to cope with the demands of their academic courses.
The General Studies Department offers the MOE compulsory subjects for all students. Students are compelled to attend classes and pass these compulsory subjects as a pre-requisite to the award of a certificate, diploma or degree.
We aim to produce competent graduates equipped with professional knowledge and training with skills in pedagogy and ICT. Students are instilled with the expertise in developing a child’s cognitive & learning skills, communication skills, motor skills and social-emotional growth. Students are also trained to be effective communicators in the English Language.
Fully- supervised Teaching Practicums/Internships which focus on experiential learning – knowledge and skills acquired are directly applied in the workplace, school and pre-school environment. Students get hands-on experience in their field of work, lesson and materials planning and preparation, lesson delivery, managing children and classrooms and co-curricular activities.
• Graduates of the programme can further their studies in institutions of higher learning with substantial credit transfers, and then advance onto their post graduate degrees.
• We have agreements with private institutions such as SSU Education Management Services, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, Sekolah Rendah Setiabudi, Gombak, Kuala Lumpur and Kinderkaizen Chain of Tadika where students can do their practicum and henceforth get a job placement in the schools.
• We offer various degree programmes as a continuation for our Foundation in Arts programme
• Our Diploma graduates can work in their specialised fields. Diploma in Early Childhood Education graduates can also become entrepreneurs in licensed child- care programmes
• Assoc. Professor Dr. Faridah Noor Mohd. Noor. She is an Associate Professor at the Department of English Language, Faculty of Languages and Linguistics, University of Malaya. She is currently the Chief Editor (Social Sciences) at ULPAUM. She has published and presented in her areas of expertise and research that include Discourse, Sociolinguistics and E-Culture.
• Dr Putri Afzan Maria. She has a DPhil in Cognitive Science (low level cognitive processes of language) from the University of Sussex, Brighton, United Kingdom. She is a qualified and dedicated early childhood lecturer with 7 years of experiences living in the United Kingdom, gaining experience from the UK classroom settings, ways and methods in relation to Early Childhood practices. She is passionate in contributing to the intellectual, social, emotional and physical development of young children