KUALA LUMPUR METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
LIBRARY AND LEARNING COMMONS
Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University College (KLMUC) library also known as Ungku Aziz Resource Centre (UARC) is approximately 4000 sqft and can accommodate 300 users at one time. The library has approximately 11,000 copies of books, periodicals, CD-ROMS and thesis. The collection covers many areas including Management and Business Technology, Information Technology, Hospitality, Tourism, Graphic Design, Multimedia, Languages and Early Childhood Education.
Our recent project is to extend the current facilities outside the four walls of the library to create conducive learning and teaching space called the Learning Commons. This will be available right in front of the current library.
To be a preferred knowledge hub that promotes teaching and learning.
To provide comprehensive resources and services that foster intellectual and professional growth.
|Monday to Friday||9.00 AM – 6.00 PM|
|Weekends and Public Holidays||CLOSED|
All KLMUC staff and students are automatically members and eligible to use the library services and facilities.
Our collection consists of:
- General Book – Academic, Motivation, Novels
- Online Resources – Ebook Central (ebooks)
- Reference – Encyclopedia, Annual Reports, Dictionary, Bibliographic
- Serial Collections – Newspaper
- Thesis and Final Project Report
- AV Materials – CD ROM / DVD
E- Learning Zone
The Library has 20 computers with internet access. Users can use for up to two hours at any time at no charge.
The discussion room available for group discussion. This room can accommodate up to 10 persons.
A comfortable reading lounge is available for reading magazines and newspapers or even for doing some light revision.
The University provides wireless (WIFI) connectivity within the campus area at no charge.
Printer and Photocopy Machine
Printing and photocopy machines are available for students. The printing card can be obtained from the Library counter. The charges are as follows:
|Type||Colour/ page||Black and White/ page|
|Printing card||RM10 (Card RM5 + Value in card RM5)||RM10 (Card RM5 + Value in card RM5)|
|Top-up for printing card||Minimum RM5||Minimum RM5|
There are 70 units of locker for students to use for up to three hours at one time and this service is free of charge.
- Smoking is prohibited in within the library and learning common premises.
- No food and drinks are to be consumed in the library
- No bag, umbrellas and parcels are allowed in the library.
- Silence must be strictly observed in the library.
- Reservation of seats is not a prerogative.
- Books and miscellaneous item left unattended for a length of time on chairs and tables will be removed.
- No pets are allowed in the library.
- Users must be dressed in accordance with the University Dress Code.
- The Discussion Room is to be used strictly for discussion purposes.
- Staffs on duty have the rights to ask users to leave the premises if they are found to be violating library rules.
- Any untoward conduct will be brought to the attention of Student Disciplinary Committee.
- A buzzer will be rung ten minutes before closing and all user must leave the premises.
- Fines on overdue books and lockers will be determined by the computer system at the Information Counter. If the system is down, the fine will be determined by the staff at the counter service.
- The Chief Librarian has the rights to withhold library facilities for any infringement of these rules.
- The University will not accept responsibility for any loss or misplacement of personal belongings at the library and learning commons.
- The Library Rules and Regulations may be changed from time to time by the University if necessary.
Ungku Aziz Resource Centre
Library and Learning Commons
2nd Floor, Block A,
16-2 Jalan Raja Laut,
50350 Kuala Lumpur
UARC Library Staff :
Hamizaizurah Abd Hamid (Chief Librarian)
Nur Ezzati M. Taib (Librarian)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 03-2603 1525