Diploma in Hotel Management
This programme provides experience in all hotel departments. Students develop into experienced hospitality professionals with a holistic overview of the industry. There is a practical approach with industry training throughout their learning. Year 1 introduces the basic hospitality and service management alongside essential university-level study skills. Year 2 develops management and strategy techniques with an overview of front oﬃce and food production.
The Diploma in Hotel Management provides the necessary qualiﬁcations for employment across the diverse ﬁeld in the accommodation sectors. The focus is on a strong theoretical and business foundation. Students will have the fundamentals and skills required for eﬀective task at the front oﬃce and housekeeping operations, and food and beverage services and operations. They would be introduced to the application of supervisory responsibilities. The program has a strong emphasis on instilling entrepreneurial skills.
- A pass in SPM with a minimum of three (3) credits in any subject, or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in any subject, or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul in any subject, or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in SKM level 3 in a related field; OR
- A Certificate (Level 3, MQF) in a related field or its equivalent.
International students are required to achieve a minimum score of 4.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) / Malaysian University English Test (MUET) with Band 2 OR its equivalent.
Graduates will be able to enter the following workforce and would, with experience, able to assume executive and managerial positions in the hospitality industry or tourism industry and other service-oriented industries such as restaurants and public relation companies. Graduates who wish to start their own business in the services industry be able to do so eﬀectively.