Diploma in Early Childhood Education
The Diploma in Early Childhood Education is a 3 year programme. The ﬁrst ﬁve years of a child’s life are the most formative and highly important stage in their development. This programme provides for the teacher professionals to view the development years in a continuum. The children will be prepared to start a formal education, will have a good foundation for continued learning, a grasp of peer relationships, will have higher self-esteem, and better enjoyment of the learning process. It will facilitate the interaction between the pre and initial school years. The concept of basic education calls for the inclusion of early childhood and the key survival grades, that is, the ﬁrst two or three grades of primary education.
The Diploma in Early Childhood Education Programme is initiated to produce knowledgeable, competent and dynamic Early Childhood Education teachers.
- A Pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)/SPMV with at least credit in three (3) subjects; OR
- A Pass in Uniﬁed Examination Certiﬁcate (UEC) with at least Grade B in 3 subjects; OR
- A Pass in O-Level with at least Grade C in 3 subjects; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 Early Childhood Education / Preschool; and a pass in SPM with at least credit in one (1) subject; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Kolej Komuniti (Level 3, MQF) in related ﬁeld; and a pass in SPM with at least credit in one (1) subject; and
- A Pass in Certiﬁcate in Early Childhood Education (Level 3, MQF) in related ﬁeld with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with at least Grade C (NGMP of 2.00) in one (1) subject; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a Grade of Maqbul; OR
- Any other equivalent qualiﬁcations recognized by the Malaysian Government
- For international students, it is compulsory to obtain a minimum score of 4.0 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
This qualiﬁcation will give students the opportunity to work in Early Childhood centers as teachers and owners.