Diploma in Computer Graphic Design
The Diploma in Computer Graphic Design programme focuses on the basic principle, concepts and fundamentals required to solve graphic design challenges nowadays. The programme has been proposed to provide opportunity to students in pursuing their study in the ﬁeld of Graphic Design. The potential demand for such professions is always great due to the rapid changes and the advancement in the art, science and technology.
The programme aims for students to develop an understanding of the role, desires and possibilities of design, towards (independent) practice. We develop students’ skills and knowledge for a challenging career as a graphic designer who will be able to combined creativity, concepts and computer software skills in the highly competitive graphic design industry. To fully equip students with the necessary skills to build a career in graphic design ﬁeld which require a development and innovation activities in collaboration with industries and other institution.
- A pass in SPM with a minimum of three (3) credits in any subject, or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in any subject, or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with minimum grade of Maqbul in any subject; or its equivalent; OR
- A pass in SKM Level 3 / Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM) in suitable field (Note : The HEPs are to conduct screening and provide necessary guidance specific to the disipline of the programme); OR
- A Certificate (Level 3, MQF) in a related field with minimum CGPA of 2.00 or its equivalent; OR
- Other relevant equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government; AND
- Pass an interview OR submission of portfolio determined by the HEP as required.
ENGLISH COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT (INTERNATIONAL STUDENT)
Achieve a minimum score Band 2 in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) or equivalent.
Successful completion of the programme entitles to work in numerous industries within graphic design, advertising and publication technology ﬁelds. With the knowledge and skills enhanced in the program, students will be able to apply and contribute their knowledge to the Design industry such as
- Graphic Designer
- Advertising Designer
- Design Consultant
- Instructional Designer
- Corporate Designer
- Junior Art Director
- Creative Director
- Packaging Designer
- Artist Illustrator
- Animation Artist
This programme also acts as a feeder to programme which aims to produce Designer experts for the society needs.