Diploma in Computer Graphic Design
The Diploma in Computer Graphic Design programme focuses on the basic principle, concepts and fundamentals required to solve graphic design challenges nowadays. The programme has been proposed to provide opportunity to students in pursuing their study in the ﬁeld of Graphic Design. The potential demand for such professions is always great due to the rapid changes and the advancement in the art, science and technology.
The programme aims for students to develop an understanding of the role, desires and possibilities of design, towards (independent) practice. We develop students’ skills and knowledge for a challenging career as a graphic designer who will be able to combined creativity, concepts and computer software skills in the highly competitive graphic design industry. To fully equip students with the necessary skills to build a career in graphic design ﬁeld which require a development and innovation activities in collaboration with industries and other institution.
- A Pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM/SPMV) with at least credit in three (3) subjects; OR
- A Pass in Uniﬁed Examination Certiﬁcate (UEC) with at least Grade B in 3 subjects; OR
- A Pass in O-Level with at least Grade C in 3 subjects; OR
- Passed Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in art and design, and a pass in SPM/SPMV with at least credit in one (1) subject; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Kolej Komuniti (Level 3, MQF) in related ﬁeld and a pass in SPM/SPMV with at least credit in one (1) subject; OR
- A Pass in Certiﬁcate (Level 3, MQF) in related ﬁeld with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- Any other equivalent qualiﬁcations recognized by the Malaysian Government AND
- Passed the interview and drawing test
- For international students, it is compulsory to obtain a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
Successful completion of the programme entitles to work in numerous industries within graphic design, advertising and publication technology ﬁelds. With the knowledge and skills enhanced in the program, students will be able to apply and contribute their knowledge to the Design industry such as Graphic Designer Advertising Designer Design Consultant Instructional Designer Visualizer Photographer Corporate Designer Junior Art Director Creative Director Packaging Designer DTP Artist Illustrator or an Animation Artist.
This programme also acts as a feeder to programme which aims to produce Designer experts for the society needs.