Diploma in Business Management
The Diploma in Business Management prepares students for entry-level management position in business organisations. It incorporates a broad skill and knowledge in the theory and practice of management essential in running a business successfully in an increasingly competitive global business environment. This programme provides a business education in the function of management as well as economics, financial, legal, and marketing aspects of the modern business enterprise. Real world business and management application emphasise on the realistic aspects of running a business, critical to being a successful manager or an aspiring entrepreneur
The aim is to provide students with the basic skills in running a business and practical competency in the professional environment while exposing students to the real world business application and effective management through the subjects. Subsequently honing of business skills and develop highly successful business start-ups.
- Pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM/SPMV) with at least credit in three (3) subjects; OR
- Pass in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least Grade B in 3 subjects; OR
- Pass in O-Level with at least Grade C in 3 subjects; OR
- Pass in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in related field and a pass in SPM with at least credit in one (1) subject; OR
- Pass in Sijil Kolej Komuniti (Level 3, MQF) in related field and a pass in SPM with at least credit in one (1) subject; OR
- Pass in Certificate (Level 3, MQF) in related field with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) or its equivalent with at least Grade (GP of 2.00) in one (1) subject; OR
- Any other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government
- For international students, it is compulsory to obtain a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
In term of career prospects, graduates can gain employment as entry-level executives and junior managers in small businesses, as well as in medium and larger local and multinational enterprises. Graduates can also gain employment in non-profit organisations and public sectors.