Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Hotel & Restaurant Management
KPT/JPS (R2/811/6/0097) (A7823) (10/22)
This programme of study combines both academic and practical aspects of hospitality, allowing students to gain ﬁrst-hand industry experience, as well as an unforgettable adventure and an appreciation of diﬀerent cultures. An important part of this programme is the opportunity to meet and listen to professionals in the hospitality industries, through guest lectures at the University, and through study visits to hotels.
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Hotel and Restaurant Management prepare students for business, operations, management, marketing opportunities in the hotel and restaurant industry by providing intense course work that combines theory with practical learning experiences. The program has introduce undergraduate students to reliable skills that they require to enter into a managerial career where they work in various hotel and restaurant industry environments.
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any two (2) subjects or any equivalent qualiﬁcation;
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum Grade of Jayyid, OR
- Any qualiﬁcations equivalent to Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00, OR
- A pass in Matriculation / Foundation qualiﬁcation with a minimum CGPA of 2.00, OR
- A Pass in Uniﬁed Examination Certiﬁcate (UEC) with at least Grade B in 5 subjects, OR
- Any other equivalent qualiﬁcations recognized by the Malaysian Government, AND
- For international students, it is compulsory to obtain a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Hotel and Restaurant Management will provide you with career opportunities in any parts of the world. The exciting career, while demanding hard work, oﬀers attractive salaries and excellent career advancement prospects. There are also ample opportunities for self-improvement as you will be able to travel, meet people and gain international exposure. With the hotel management and related skills, you can choose from a wide range of careers at various management, supervisory and operating levels in hospitality, services, and food and beverage industries.
- Executive Houkeeper
- Front Oﬃce Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Sales Executive
- and many more.